.

Monday, April 6, 2015

E is for Enterprise





The USS Enterprise (NCC-1701) was a 23rd century Federation Constitution-class starship operated by Starfleet. In the course of her career, the Enterprise became the most celebrated starship of her time.

In her forty years of service and discovery, through upgrades and at least two refits, she took part in numerous first contacts, military engagements, and time-travels. She achieved her most lasting fame from the five-year mission (2265-2270) under the command of James T. Kirk.

Read more HERE






2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your post. I have dreamed of space travel since I was a small child. When Star Trek first aired I thought it wouldn't be long. Then within three years Neil Armstrong walked on the moon. And I thought it couldn't be long. With people living in space on the ISS, I think it won't be long. Space is the future of humanity. And, in the meantime, we have science fiction. I'm glad to know there are lots of people out there like you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by! I read somewhere recently that NASA expects to make contact with other life within 10 years! So you're right - soon!!

    ReplyDelete